Apps will frequently go free in the App Store to boost its user numbers, but it’s a little rarer that a four and a half star-rated, media-celebrated photo-editing tool becomes available at zero cost – but Union, part of a suite of great picture tools by Pixite is available for free right now.
The premise of Union is simple – the idea is to blend and combine images to create an amalgamation of both. Check out a couple of Union’s own examples below:
Of course, those examples have the intention of creating something beautifully realized, but it can also be used in sillier ways – such as cutting out people from your photos and putting them in other images. There’s plenty of options.
Here’s a quick run-down of how it works:
1. Load a background image, solid color, or transparent layer
2. Load a foreground image, solid color, or shape
3. Efficiently erase areas of the foreground image using Union’s palette of intuitive, user-friendly tools
4. Adjust the position and size of the foreground image to reach desired composition
5. Make color adjustments on the background and foreground so they blend seamlessly
Images can then be shared, or saved to the Camera Roll.
So go ahead and have some fun – experiment and see what images you end up with. Union is available for both iPhone and iPad.
Enjoyed Union? Pixite also makes a range of other apps – read our reviews for Shift (an auto-filter generator), Fragment (for applying simple visual effects to your photos), and Matter (for adding 3D objects to your images).