Click here for information regarding the auto-renewable subscriptions available within Swipe.
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
- A Swipe subscription provides access to new Swipe magazine issues.
- New Swipe magazine issues are published every two weeks except over the Christmas and New Year period where there is typically a 3 week gap between issues.
- A monthly subscription to Swipe is priced at $1.99 (UK £1.49, 1,99 €).
- Within a monthly subscription period you will usually receive two new issues except, as noted above, over the Christmas and New Year period.
- When you first subscribe, the latest issue counts as the first of those two new issues within a monthly subscription period.
- Subscription payments are charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly rate at the time of renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- Open the App Store and tap the Featured tab. Scroll down to the bottom, tap on your Apple ID and then View Apple ID.
- Tap Subscriptions followed by Swipe Subscription.
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
- Let us know why you are canceling your subscription by sending us an email as we always want to improve Swipe.
How do I restore my subscription?
If you have had to delete the app and reinstall or perhaps you’re moving to a new device then it’s simple to restore your subscription. Download the Swipe app again, open it and within the app tap the settings icon (the icon that looks like a cog) and then tap Restore Purchases.
How does the free trial work?
Once you select a subscription you will receive a free trial for a set duration. At the end of this duration you will be charged. If you would like to cancel the charge you must turn off the auto-renewal subscription option 24 hours beforehand. To do so follow the cancel subscription instructions above.
Can I get a refund?
It is not possible to get refunds for active subscriptions. You can cancel your subscription and you won’t be charged again. Follow the instructions from the question “How do I cancel my subscription?” above.
What happens if the price to subscribe changes?
If the price to subscribe increases then you will receive an email from Apple asking if you would like to continue subscribing. If the price decreases then you will be billed automatically at the lower price.
My receipt shows a different date to when I subscribed, why?
When you subscribe to Swipe, the registered time is Pacific Standard Time or PST. This is -8 hours to Coordinated Universal Time, and -5 hours from Eastern Standard Time. This is when our app will be notified of your subscription and also set when your automatic renewal fee will be debited from your account in the future. For example you may register at 6am Tuesday in London, but it will show as 10pm Monday on your receipt.
The app crashed, what do I do?
First try closing the app in the multitasking bar. Double press the Home button to open the multitasking bar. Tap and hold any icon until it starts to shake. Then tap the minus icon on the Swipe app icon to fully close. Try opening the app again to see if this resolves the problem.
If this doesn’t rectify the problem then you can try to reboot your device. Press and hold the On/Off and Home buttons at the same until the screen goes black and then the Apple logo appears again. You can then wait for the iPhone to start up and access the app again.
The app doesn’t open, what do I do?
You can try to reboot your device. Press and hold the On/Off and Home buttons at the same until the screen goes black and then the Apple logo appears again. You can then wait for the iPhone to start up and access the app again.
If this does not help then delete the app and download again from the App Store. Tap and hold on the Swipe app icon until it starts to shake and tap the x button that appears.
Go to the App Store, search for Swipe and download it again.
The app won’t download, what do I do?
Sometimes the App Store can be unresponsive when downloading. Tap the Swipe icon so it says Paused beneath it and then tap it again. This often kickstarts the download again.
If this doesn’t rectify the problem then you can try to reboot your device. Press and hold the On/Off and Home buttons at the same until the screen goes black and then the Apple logo appears again. You can then wait for the iPhone to start up and check the app again. It should now be downloading.
I can’t download an issue, why?
To download an issue you must have an active subscription. If you still cannot download, check your active subscriptions from the App Store. To do so open the App Store app and tap the Featured tab. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on your Apple ID followed by View Apple ID.
Tap Subscriptions followed by Swipe Subscription. This will state if you have an active subscription to Swipe. If it is active, you should be able to download issues in Swipe.
Also if you have a weak cell connection then the download may progress slowly. This may cause it to look like an issue is not downloading.
If you still cannot download an issue, contact us directly via email here for more help.
I have downloaded Swipe but cannot find it on my Home screen
Try searching for the app from Spotlight. To do so swipe down on the Home screen. This will bring up the search option. Type “Swipe” and this will look for the app. If the app is installed then it will appear in the search results and you can tap the name to open the app.
If the app does not show up then it is not installed on your device. To re-install open the App Store and return to the Swipe app page listing. You can then tap install to download the app again.
Why can’t I delete issues?
You can. Within the issues side bar, swipe your finger right-to-left over the issue you want to delete and the “Delete Issue” button will appear. Tap “Delete Issue”.
Will you review our app/case/accessory etc?
Sure we can! Send us an email telling us all about it and hopefully we can feature it in a future issue of Swipe. We do not guarantee that we will include you, but will let you know if we do.
My question hasn’t been answered, what now?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.