We’ve just released a new issue of our sister app, Swipe – the iPhone Magazine.
This is our last issue of Swipe before the tech world folds into a frenzy over the new iPhones in the coming weeks. The calm before the storm. That doesn’t mean we’ve skimped on content, though, as we’ll be parsing through some last-minute thoughts and rumors about the iPhone 8 in the News section.
Elsewhere we’ve got some cracking Reviews to read, and to celebrate the beginning of the school year we’ve rounded up the best apps to help you learn something new on your iPhone. It’s a varied list and caters to all kinds of interesting things, from picking up a new language to discovering the myriad wonders of the universe.
The Features section this issue is home to two opinion pieces: one examining the virtual assistant wars between Apple’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa; the other detailing our favorite iPhone of all time, and why you might pick it ahead of the iPhone 8.
We round off as usual with a bunch of tutorials and explainers over in the How-To section, including two focused on getting the most from Apple’s iCloud service.
Enjoy the magazine, and don’t miss our next issue in which we’ll be dissecting all the big announcements from Apple’s special event!
Inside this issue…
- Ten great apps to help you learn new and amazing things
- Can Siri compete with Alexa in the smart home arena?
- Why we think the iPhone SE is the best iPhone ever made
- Reviews of the photo-animating Plotagraph+ and the inspirational Motivate
- Two game reviews: Karma. Incarnation 1 and Super Phantom Cat 2
- How and why you should be using Apple’s iCloud services
- Easily share your holiday snaps with iCloud’s shared albums
- Find new music by connecting Shazam to Apple Music (or Spotify)
Download the Swipe app today and start a 7-day trial or purchase a single issue for only $1.99/£1.99!