Here at TapSmart, we get asked a lot of tech questions each week – and many of the questions crop up time and time again. So every now and again, we’ll take the time out on a Friday to answer a Frequently Asked Question right here in a bid to help a bunch of you at once!
Today’s question: I no longer hear ringtones or sounds when someone calls! What can I do?
There are quite a few possible reasons for an iPhone not ringing properly when you receive a call.
In case of a hardware issue, you’ll need to contact Apple Support for further troubleshooting – but we can suggest a handful of easy things to try first.
1. Check the Mute switch on the side of the iPhone isn’t toggled on by mistake.
2. Check all the volume and ringtone options in Settings > Sound & Haptics.
3. Check whether you currently have Do Not Disturb mode activated in Settings > Do Not Disturb.
4. Check if you have Silence Unknown Callers turned on in Settings > Phone.
5. Check you’re not connected to an alternative audio source, like a pair of headphones, in Settings > Bluetooth.
6. If the above doesn’t help, restart your device by holding the Power and Volume Up/Down buttons and using slide to power off. After a few seconds, turn it back on with the Power button.
This is not an exhaustive list, but with any luck, one of those things will help!