Apple launched a pretty impressive free video editor last year called Clips, with the intention of making it easier for the average person to quickly knock up fun videos to share with their friends. We liked the app in its previous incarnation – see our in-depth guide if you’re new to Clips – but it’s just had a big version 2.0 update that includes a host of cool new features.
We’ve had a look at what’s new and here are some of our favorite additions:
– The interface has been improved to make it easier to find effects
– iPhone X users can use the selfie camera to be transported into immersive 360-degree scenes
– Lots of new Star Wars and Disney content to add to your clips
– You can now record Live Titles in multiple languages
– New artistic effects such as Watercolor make your videos look like live paintings
– Support for still photo editing if you don’t want to make a whole video
– Projects are now synced via iCloud to all your devices
– 20+ new royalty-free soundtrack clips to add to your videos
The support for the iPhone X’s TrueDepth camera is pretty exciting, but this is a beefy update for all users of the app. Clips offers a staggering amount of stuff considering it’s a free app, and even if you’re not interested in wacky stickers and effects it’s a pretty intuitive tool for simple video edits as well. Definitely worth a spot on your Home screen!