Earlier this year Apple Pay became available at participating retailers across the web, meaning customers could make purchases via Safari through their browser. Now, as we head towards the holiday season, Apple has updated its Apple Pay webpage with a series of special offers to customers using the service at a selection of retailers.
Apple Pay on the web adds further functionality to the payment service which uses fingerprints to authorize sales. It was previously available to make purchases in stores that accepted Apple Pay and in-apps.
To use Apple Pay on the web users need to be using Apple’s Safari web browser on a Mac, iPhone or iPad and be running macOS Sierra or iOS 10. When making purchases on a compatible service or website, users will need to select ‘Checkout with Apple Pay.’ Users can then authorize payments via Touch ID on the iPhone, iPad, or using the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro once it ships.
Here’s the list of deals, currently only available in the US:
- Adidas – Free one- or two-day shipping.
- Casper – Buy a mattress and receive a $50 iTunes gift card.
- Grubhub – Win a $50 gift card for you and a friend. New diners will also receive $10 off their next order.
- Instacart – First-time customers get one month of free Instacart delivery.
- Jackthreads – Get 20 percent off.
- iJet – Get 10 percent off your first three orders and $5 JetCash to use on future purchases.
- Lululemon – Get a $25 gift card with purchases more than $150.
- The New York Times – Get 50 percent off a one-year subscription.
- 1-800 Flowers.con – Enjoy free shipping.
- Overstock – Enjoy a free year of Club O Rewards Membership, a $19.99 value.
- Seamless – Win a $50 gift card for you and a friend. New diners will also receive $10 off their next order.
- Shopify – Explore unique gifts and deals from Shopify stores.
- Spring – Get 20 percent off.
- Vacatia – Get 7 percent off resort booking and a chance to win a one-week stay in Hawaii.
Go here for the list of deals on Apple’s website with direct links.
Apple also notes that other stores and banks will be added over the next few weeks. These include the likes of Abercrombie & Fitch, Warby Parker, The Washington Post, Chase, Bank of America, Hollister, Poshmark, Tumi and Under Armour.
For more on Apple Pay and using it on the web, visit this page on Apple’s website.