Hi! Thanks for reading. This post looks better in our award-winning app, Tips & Tricks for iPhone.
Apple has released watchOS 3.1 alongside iOS 10.1. The update follows the significant watchOS 3.0 update in September which added new Watch faces, Mac unlock, better performance and new apps Reminders, Breathe and Home.
However, 3.1 is a far more iterative release that follows iOS 10.1 in allowing bubble and effects messages to be replayed, while some also report improvements in battery life. Elsewhere, known bugs affecting Timer, Activity and Force Touch have been fixed, alongside a few other generic bugs.
Read more: Apple releases iOS 10.1
Here’s everything that’s new according to Apple:
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages.
- Messages effect can play with Reduce Motion enabled.
- Fixes an issue that could pause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice. Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging.
- Resolves an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face.
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some-third party apps.
To update, head to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.
The updates arrives ahead of a planned media event on Oct. 27 where it’s believed Apple will unveil new MacBooks.