Hi! Thanks for reading. This post looks better in our award-winning app, Tips & Tricks for iPhone.
Instagram has traditionally kept its focus on social, allowing users to snap photos, then apply quick features to enhance them before they share them with friends – the more granular tweaks? Well, there were other apps for that.
However, in an effort to keep growing, Instagram has attempted to bridge this gap in the latest update to the social network’s companion app.
Instagram now allows users to adjust various parameters in their photos, such as brightness, contrast, warmth and saturation. Sliders for each setting means the user can now increase, or decrease the intensity of these.
Of course, users can still just add standard filters as they come.
Full list of new features in Instagram version 6.0.1:
- Double-tap on filters to adjust the filter strength
- Perfect your composition with Adjust and Vignette
- Enrich colors with Warmth and Saturation
- Adjust lights and darks with Brightness, Contrast, Highlights and Shadows
- Make your photos crisp and clear with Sharpen
While much of Instagram’s charm is in its simplicity, the new features are unobtrusive and will likely only add to the app’s appeal.