Hi! Thanks for reading. This post looks better in our award-winning app, Tips & Tricks for iPhone.
Apple has revealed its most popular apps, and media from the past year.
The App Store this week featured the ‘Best of the iTunes Store 2014’, which showcases some of the best releases that made it into the App Store this year.
The winners can be viewed below:
Winners: Apps & Games
- iPhone App of the Year: Elevate – Brain Training [Elevate featured in our 23 Essential Today view widgets]
- Runner-up: Hyperlapse from Instagram [Read our review!]
Want more? 50 Best iOS Games for iPhone & iPad
Apple also revealed the top spots for other elements in the App Store, including audio and visual media. The winners are:
- Best Artist: Beyoncé
- Best Album: 1989 by Taylor Swift
- Best Song: Fancy (feat. Charli XCX) by Iggy Azalea
- Best New Artist: Sam Smith
- Best Blockbuster: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Best Family Movie: The LEGO Movie
- Best Director: Richard Linklater
- Best Discovery: Obvious Child
- TV Show of the Year: Fargo
- Best Performances: True Detective, Season 1
- Best Discovery: The Honorable Woman
- Best Breakthrough: Key & Peele, Volume 4
- Best Fiction: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Best Nonfiction: The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace by Jeff Hobbs